Information about the author
Luis Majano is a Computer Engineer who has been developing and designing software systems since 2000. He was born in San Salvador, El Salvador, in the late 70s, during a period of economic instability and civil war. He lived in El Salvador until 1995 and then moved to Miami, Florida, where he completed his Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering at Florida International University.
He is the CEO of Ortus Solutions, a consulting firm specializing in web development, ColdFusion (CFML), Java development, and open-source professional services. He is the creator of ColdBox, ContentBox, CommandBox, WireBox, TestBox, LogBox, and anything "Box," and he contributes to over 250 open-source projects. He has a passion for learning and mentoring developers so they can succeed with sustainable software practices and the usage and development of open-source software. You can read his blog at www.luismajano.com
Luis is passionate about Jesus, tennis, golf, volleyball, and anything electronic. Random Author Facts:
- He played volleyball in the Salvadorean National Team at the tender age of 17
- His favorite books are the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (Geek!)
- His first ever computer was a Texas Instruments TI-86 that his parents gave him in 1986. After some time digesting his very first BASIC book, he had written his own tic-tac-toe game at the age of 9. (Extra geek!)
- He has a geek love for circuits, microcontrollers, and overall embedded systems.
- He has, of late (during old age), become a fan of organic gardening.
Keep Jesus number one in your life and in your heart. I did and it changed my life from desolation, defeat and failure to an abundant life full of love, thankfulness, joy and overwhelming peace. As this world breathes failure and fear upon any life, Jesus brings power, love and a sound mind to everybody!"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5